Execugifts’ Green Policy
Execugifts believes that committing to a sustainable future for the earth should be the goal of every organisation, community, business and individual.
The launch of the Envirogifts Division in early 2008 is a logical progression for Execugifts which has operated for some time with a clear and defined Green Policy.
As part of the company's ongoing commitment to the environment, Execugifts has become the first Australian member of the highly respected international organisation, The Green Meeting Industry Council. This organisation, which was formed in 2003, aims to improve meeting management practices by promoting environmentally responsible strategies. This is achieved through the collaborative efforts of the hospitality industry, corporations, government, and community organisations. Membership is comprised of leaders from all segments of the industry, including universities, government, meeting planners and suppliers to the industry.
Execugifts recognises that collaborative partnerships and co-operation is required in order to achieve its environmental and social aims. It therefore aims to engage and involve its employees, clients and visitors, suppliers, relevant government departments and the promotional products & meetings industries wherever possible.
Execugifts undertakes to fulfil its Green Policy in the following ways:
- Only low voltage lighting is used in the Execugifts company offices, showroom and warehouse where possible
- A policy of waste minimisation, reuse and recycling is undertaken throughout the offices eg the use of recycled paper is standard procedure for all staff, printer & toner cartridges are recycled, waste paper disposal is strictly managed, etc
- Cutting edge software technology is used to create and distribute electronic invoices, job sheets, quotations and correspondence rather than printing and mailing of information.
- Comprehensive on-line merchandise catalogues and on-line ordering systems are also used. These systems limit paper wastage and assist with energy-saving - they also avoid environmental issues associated with printing and distribution.
- Product information is also distributed to clients via USBs and CD ROMs
- Awareness-raising is undertaken with staff, clients, suppliers and community through communication of key strategic business goals and positive environmental policies.
This is achieved through the following:
- All Execugifts email sign-offs include a request to the recipient to consider the environment and minimise paper & energy wastage
- All Execugifts emails include the Green Meeting Industry Council logo and a website link for further information
- Execugifts maintains a Green Policy on its websites & encourages increased environmental awareness in all visitors to its website
Product Selection Policy
Execugifts undertakes to source the most socially and environmentally positive products for both its Execugifts and Envirogifts ranges whilst also taking into account client requirements relating to cost, quality, durability and service delivery.
By consistently monitoring these key aspects and communicating them to suppliers, clients and employees, Execugifts aims to reduce its overall carbon footprint, increase operational efficiencies and boost staff and marketplace commitment to a cleaner, greener and more socially responsible way of doing business.